Utilising self storage While Working from Home
Issue: Apr 2020
The worldwide outbreak of coronavirus, or COVID-19, has brought with it many changes to everyday life. Undoubtedly, one of the biggest changes is in the way many employees have found themselves going to work. Instead of commuting to the office, you may have found the office coming to you.
Working from home has its benefits and its challenges. Here are a few productivity tips to help you get started and create a happy and functional home and work environment.
Establish a Routine
Even if you aren’t leaving the house, having an established daily routine will help you have a successful workday. A routine allows your brain to mentally make the shift from home to work, even if you aren’t physically making a change.
Use these tips to create a routine that works for you:
- Wake at the same time on workdays. Whether you wake up at 5:00 AM or 10:00 AM is up to you, but keep it consistent.
- Schedule daily exercise. Exercise will help release positive endorphins and gear you up for your workday. Just 30 minutes can do the trick.
- Get dressed for work. You may not have to put on your best blazer, but getting out of your pajamas and ready for the day will help you feel ready to work.
- Work in the same space. If you are lucky enough to have a home office, great. If not, find a place in your home that you can designate as a workspace, and work there each day.
- Be home when the workday ends. Working from home makes it tempting to work all the time. Treat your off-hours like you would if you were still going into the office. Enjoy your free time by relaxing and spending time with the ones you love.
Keep Communication Lines Open
Since you are apart from co-workers, bosses, and team members, it is important to keep the lines of communication open. Luckily, there has never been a better time to communicate. There are so many technological tools at your disposal that make it easy for even a storage service in Singapore like StorHub Self Storage to communicate with employees and customers.
Here are a few things to consider adding to your tech tools repertoire if you haven’t already:
- Email. As a business standard, you really can’t live without great email service. Try to keep your inbox organized and easy to navigate by using folders to archive old messages.
- Online Calendars. Use an online calendar application to track your appointments, virtual meetings, and conference calls. Share your calendar with co-workers so they can see when you are free and when you are off the clock.
- Video conferencing. Video conferencing tools make it easy to still communicate with team members and customers face to face.
- To-do lists. There are many applications, some even built into your computer, for tracking your to-do items. These can be invaluable tools for keeping your workday on track.
Organise Your Space
You may have heard the saying that a cluttered space is a sign of a cluttered mind. A disorganised space can also make it difficult to concentrate and feel productive.
Now may be the perfect time to consider self storage. Clear your home of the valuables you aren’t ready to get rid of but don’t need in your home right now. With StorHub’s standards for the best self storage products and services
in Singapore and a variety of sizes of storage units available
, it’s easy to organise your space.
Decluttering your work and living areas also makes it simpler to clean and disinfect surfaces, a necessity that can reduce the transmission of germs.
We hope that you continue to stay safe and healthy during these uncertain times and that your workdays are productive!